Where can I find technical resources for TSDS?
This section provides technical guidance for vendors and LEA technical staff who are implementing the TEDS data standards for TSDS.
What Does TSDS Mean for You?
TSDS is Texas’ new education data collection system.
It replaces and expands on PEIMS EDIT+, with new XML-based data standards, a new PEIMS application, and the studentGPS® Dashboards. The goal of TSDS is to improve and standardize the data collection and data management process in Texas and equip educators with timely, actionable and historical student data to drive classroom and student success.
The resources in this section will help technical staff and vendors prepare for TSDS adoption. Administrators may also want to visit the For Principals and Superintendents page and our Deployment section under the ABOUT tab.
LEA and ESC Technical Staff
LEAs have a number of options in terms of how they adopt TSDS. For LEA and ESC support staff, this means that there is a range of systems and specifications they may have to support:
Vendors may need to make a number of changes to their products to support their LEAs’ use of TSDS:
ALL LEAs need to:
SOME LEAs will need to:
- Use Unique ID identifiers
- Use TEDS data standards
- Create PEIMS extracts from their local system
TSDS adoption has already begun with the Limited Production Release LEAs, followed by the early adopter LEAs, and the rest of Texas LEAs will be phased in between now and the 2016-17 school year.
- 2011-Jan 2013: Seven LPRs implemented studentGPS® Dashboards prototypes
- Summer 2013: LPRs migrate from prototype to full studentGPS® release, including loading to the EDW
- SY 2013-14: Early adoption for LEAs serving over 700,000 students on studentGPS® and for LEAs serving over 600,000 on TSDS PEIMS
- SY 2014-15: LEAs supporting approximately 1.5 million students will be phased in to TSDS PEIMS; LEAs supporting up to 660,000 students will be phased in to TSDS studentGPS®
- SY 2015-16: LEAs supporting approximately 1.5 million students will be phased in to TSDS PEIMS; LEAs supporting up to 660,000 students will be phased in to TSDS studentGPS®
- SY 2016-17: all remaining LEAs will be phased in to TSDS PEIMS; all remaining LEAs who wish to participate will be phased in to TSDS studentGPS®