TEA will no longer require LEAs implementing the studentGPS® Dashboards to submit a Stage 2 studentGPS® Assessment application.
LEAs implementing the studentGPS® Dashboards will only be required to:
- Submit and escalate a TIMS ticket requesting an initial Quality Assurance (QA) dashboard
- Submit and escalate a TIMS ticket requesting the Production activation of historical metrics once the QA checklist has been completed
Dashboard Adopter Commitments
Please note that implementing studentGPS® does require preparation on the part of the LEA. As a dashboard adopter, you are committing to:
- Training a designated population of teachers and administrators on the use of the studentGPS® Dashboards.
- Loading data into the same TSDS Education Data Warehouse (EDW) that you use for ECDS and TSDS PEIMS. Hardware requirements will be provided to the LEAs. At a minimum, a studentGPS® adopter would need to have one dedicated server and a T1 line.
- Establishing a TEA Login (TEAL) account for all dashboard users
- Providing resources for training, support, and leadership roles throughout the implementation process (see the LEA Stewards table).
TEA hosts the TSDS system at no cost to the LEA; however, there may be financial impact on the LEA as there may be a charge for training and support supplied by the Education Service Centers or TSDS-certified vendors.
For More Information
- Learn more about the studentGPS® Dashboards, including video introductions
- Read the Lubbock and Pharr-San Juan-Alamo case studies of their implementations of the dashboards
- Visit our Training and Support section to learn about TSDS training and support
- Explore the data collection requirements for implementing the dashboards specified in TEDS
- For further information, visit our archives or contact TEA at TSDSCustomerSupport@tea.texas.gov