Older Announcements & Events
For more recent announcements, visit the News & FAQs main page.
- TEA will be presenting "One System, One Process, One Standard: How TSDS Is Unifying TEA’s Data Systems" at the Texas Association of School Board Administrators' Midwinter Conference in Austin, (1/25/2015 - 1/28/2015)
- TEA has proposed a demonstration for SXSWedu--voting is now open to include the demo in the 2015 lineup (8/20/14)
- The general public can subscribe to the new TSDS Newsletter (08/20/14)
- The second TSDS PEIMS release was successfully rolled out to the four LPR LEAs (8/8/14)
- The first TSDS PEIMS release was successfully rolled out to the four LPR LEAs (6/1/2014)
- TSDS Unique ID Project was awarded 2014 Best of Texas Award in the category of Best Application Serving the Public (05/2014).
- studentGPS® manager Scott Johnson was awarded the 2-14 Best of Texas Award in the category of Outstanding IT Service and Support (05/2014)
- TEA released Pharr-San Juan Alamo ISD studentGPS® Dashboard Case Study (04/2014)
- TEA released Lubbock ISD studentGPS® Dashboard Case Study (02/2014)
- TSDS Rollout Plan for LEAs published (9/18/13)
- Unique ID Release 8.3 to be released--UID will be unavailable all day (8/9/13)
- Unique ID Web Services released (7/22/13)
- TEA hosted a webinar for SIS and HR vendors introducing the Unique ID Web Services (7/19/2013). TEA will also host a Web Services webinar for ESC Champions in August, tailored to the user perspective.
- THE Journal reported Royal ISD and Ore City ISD's adoption of the Skyward SSIS: "Texas Districts Turn to SIS to Keep Up with Changing Reporting Requirements" (7/03/2013)
- Hays Free Press has published an article describing the Hays CISD experience with TSDS: "New 'PEIMS' No Longer Like Herding Cats" (6/21/13)
- TEA presented at the Texas Association of Secondary School Principals (TASSP) Summer Workshop: "Texas Student Data System - What's the latest and how to get involved" (6/12-13/13)
- TEA presented at the Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors (TEPSA) Summer Conference: "Texas Student Data System: What's the Latest and How to Get Involved" (6/13/13)
- TEA hosted an introductory webinar for assessments vendors to help them prepare for demand from LEAs for assessment tracking systems that can export to TSDS (6/5/13)
- New pages posted: Validation Tool, Local Staging Area, Data Transfer Utility (6/4/13)
- Community Impact News published an article about Hays CISD's participation as an LPR LEA (pdf version) (5/20/2013)
- A kick-off meeting for the selected Early Adopter LEAs was held on Thursday, May 16, 2013 (5/20/2013)
- TEA participated in the 2013 Tech Fiesta conference hosted by Region 20. We presented "Texas Student Data Systems (TSDS): An Overview and Up-to-date Status" and "TSDS studentGPS® Dashboards: Bring Your Own Device (a hands-on walk-through) - 4/18-4/19/13
- PEIMS EDIT+ (legacy system) is now open for the Summer Collection. Resubmissions are due 7/25/2013.
- The list of districts who have been approved as Early Adopters of TSDS has been released (4/5/2013)
- The TSDS Unique ID application was released (3/25/2013)