This section provides technical guidance for vendors and LEA technical staff who are implementing the TEDS data standards for TSDS.
What Does TSDS Mean for You?
TSDS is Texas’ new education data collection system.
It replaces and expands on PEIMS EDIT+, with new XML-based data standards, and a new PEIMS application. The goal of TSDS is to improve and standardize the data collection and data management process in Texas and equip educators with timely, actionable and historical student data to drive classroom and student success.
The resources in this section will help technical staff and vendors prepare for TSDS adoption. Administrators may also want to visit the For Principals and Superintendents page and our Deployment section under the ABOUT tab.
LEA and ESC Technical Staff
LEAs have a number of options in terms of how they adopt TSDS. For LEA and ESC support staff, this means that there is a range of systems and specifications they may have to support:
Vendors may need to make a number of changes to their products to support their LEAs’ use of TSDS:
ALL LEAs need to:
SOME LEAs will need to:
TSDS adoption has already begun with the Limited Production Release LEAs, followed by the early adopter LEAs, and the rest of Texas LEAs will be phased in between now and the 2016-17 school year.
- SY 2013-14: Early adoption for LEAs serving over 600,000 on TSDS PEIMS
- SY 2014-15: LEAs supporting approximately 1.5 million students will be phased in to TSDS PEIMS
- SY 2015-16: LEAs supporting approximately 1.5 million students will be phased in to TSDS PEIMS
- SY 2016-17: all remaining LEAs will be phased in to TSDS PEIMS
- If your LEA is adopting PEIMS, visit our Deployment pages
- For a high-level view of project progress, see Next Steps with TSDS
- Take advantage of TSDS training opportunities
- Learn about how PEIMS is changing
- Explore the history of the project and the TSDS Project Archives
- For additional help, visit our Frequently Asked Questions